Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thing #17

PBWiki is a popular wiki-making site. Wikis can be created for free and wiki-ers can create as many wikis as they would wike...I mean like.
I think wikis are definitely something I will try in the future, especially with a teen group. I also think that if a library staff is very large, a wiki would help keep all staff up-to-date with goings on at the library.
I did discover one issue I have, however. For Thing #17, we were shown the Sandbox wiki that was created to by the Learning 2.0 folks. This wiki is considered a "sandbox" because it is only for play. When I was glancing through a few of the pages, for example there is a Favorite Books and a Favorite Movies page, they seem incredibly messy and long. The lists just went on and on with no sort of structure or well-organized layout. That messiness bothered me but I suppose this is mainly a problem with the large amount of people that are trying to post on the Learning 2.0 sites.

No comments: