Monday, November 10, 2008

Thing #18

This week's 2.0 exercise is on using online apps like Google Docs. I use Google Docs often. It has become increasingly handy as I progress through graduate school. I am a commuter to Madison, driving about an hour and a half to get to class. My only class on campus this semester ends at 8PM, making me very hesitant to want to stay after (or come down another day) to work on group projects. Then, Google Docs enters the picture. I have several documents that I share with many group members. We can all be editing the same document at the same time. This alleviates the multiple emails from group member to group member, being unsure which is the most recent document and who made what changes.
I do not think that at this point Google Docs or Zoho will mean the end of the Office empire. I still copy and paste what is finished in Google Docs into Word and mess around with fonts, margins, etc. I will probably continue to do this because I like being able to use some of the features that are in Word that are not in Google Docs.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Katie, this blog is such a peaceful tone (color.) And the design is sparse in a classy sort of way. Very soothing--I feel relaxed just from looking at it. :)