Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yippee! Thing 23

I will answer the required questions first:
  • What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Well, I now LOVE LibraryThing and have an account that I've updated and played around with several times. I used my del.icio.us knowledge already, and helped create an account for the Oshkosh Public Library and I really liked looking at the Web 2.0 Awards.
  • How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
Well, if I had 23 goals set I would have accomplished all of them. But I didn't even have a single goal so I'm pretty impressed with myself. I now feel like I know a lot more technology and can learn even more in the future.
  • Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I guess I didn't expect to feel so excited about technology and libraries. I really want to start incorporating some of what I've learned. Now Now Now!


Also, I just happened to be reading the October 2008 School Library Journal and Surprise! there is an article on the 23 Things. Here's the link. I laughed over the Minnesota libraries slogan (23 Things on a Stick) and enjoyed that one librarian said that the 23 Things is like summer reading but for library staff members!
Overall, I am super happy with this experience. I've been forced (nicely) to step out of my box and try new scary technology thingies. And I've enjoyed it!

No comments: